Think About It

He who is not everyday conquering some fear has not learned the secret of life. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, March 7, 2011

Poll Results In: People Don't Like Writing School Papers

OK.... we didn't really need a poll for that. The more specific question (even if it was just for fun) was this: "How much time do you spend writing a paper?"

After counting all three responses (I almost had to use both hands when counting), here are the results:
Paper? What Paper got two votes
About 15 minutes got two votes
About an hour got one vote
Several weeks got NO VOTES

By that overwhelmingly lopsided poll result it's clear that we like avoiding the pain of writing papers for as long as possible. This was all for fun and games, but like all tasks that take hard work and sacrifice, I'm sure the truth is in there somewhere.

It takes discipline to force ourselves to set aside our fun-loving tendencies and embrace the responsibility of doing our homework.

As students approach a new term or semester, they must ask themselves if they are prepared for the sacrifices that must come when seeking a college degree.

I made a mistake my first semester of college over 20 years ago. I spent more time having fun and failed my classes. It was a waste of my time and money. What kind of student are you? What is your idea of a good student? What is your idea of a bad student?

If we're truly honest with ourselves, we probably resemble both the good and the bad. We're a little of both.

4 comments:

  1. I agree is the Lack of Time management and the power of the Procrastination that induce us to fail. Some times is very hard to build the willpower mode to continue in project because the social life or work consumes us very often... Then we life likes in the cave of Plato and is there are no one out side just us our own self traps us in a misery of guilt and failure….

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying so hard to stop procrastinating. At times it feels as though I always have time to do what I have to do until I realize none of us has enough time. The difference is the smart manage their time, and the not so smart do not. I have to do something different cause I am pressing the same button and expecting different results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really believe people don't like to write school papers because they are afraid to write and afraid of whats going be the grade.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe that I am a good student and my GPA reinforces that but i know that there is so much more that i can do to become a better student. My idea of a good student is an indivdual that completes all of their assigments, studies their lessons and is eager & willing to learn new information.

    ReplyDelete